1 Assault Group Royal Marines (1 AGRM)
1 AGRM is the parent unit for a number of Royal Marines squadrons which provide landing craft support for Britain's amphibious assault ships and landing dock platforms.
- 4 Assault Squadron Royal Marines
operating Landing Craft Utility (LCU) Mk10 and Landing Craft Vehicle Personnel (LCVP) Mk 5 from HMS Bulwark
- 6 Assault Squadron Royal Marines
operating LCU Mk10 and LCVP Mk 5 from HMS Albion
- 9 Assault Squadron Royal Marines
operating LCVP Mk 5 from HMS Ocean
used with Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic (CC BY-SA 2.0 license)
Other units under the 1 AGRM umbrella include:
- 539 Assault Squadron Royal Marines
539 Assault Squadron Royal Marines (539 ASRM) are 3 Commando Brigade's (3 CDO BDE) small boat specialists. While still having 1AGRM as its parent organisation, the unit is under operational control of 3 CDO BDE.
more info: 539 ASRM
- 10 Landing Craft Training Squadron
- Specialist Landing Craft Career training (L3, L2 and L1 and LCOQ Course)
- Amphibious training for Royal Marines recruits, young Officers and men undergoing the All Arms Commando Courses
- Training Royal Navy, Police and Customs in small boat operations
- Engineering and navigation training for the Assault Squadrons (4,6,9 & 539 ASRM)
- Specially tailored LC Specialist training for 2 Raiding Troop from the Royal Marines Reserve.
- Surface Maneuver expertise to the wider amphibious community.
- 11 Amphibious Test and Trials Squadron
Based at Royal Marines Instow, Devon
1 AGRM (with the exception 11 Amphibious Test and Trials Squadron) is based at Poole Dorset, along with the Special Boat Service and 148 Commando Forward Observation Battery Royal Artillery